FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 8, 2014
Carol Fox and Associates
773-327-3830 x 109
EVP ROCKS ROSEMONT PROFESSIONAL BEACH VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
COMES TO MB FINANCIAL PARK JULY 18-19
ROSEMONT, IL – MB Financial Park at Rosemont is heating things up this summer by partnering with the EVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour to bring a professional volleyball tournament to Rosemont Friday, July 18 and Saturday, July 19. Games will occur in the center of MB Financial Park from 10 a.m. – 11 p.m. each day. 300 tons of white silica sand will be delivered to the Park to create the massive sports beach for the tour.
All-American professional men’s and women’s beach volleyball teams from across the nation have competed in 20 cities across the country in order to qualify to participate in the EVP Rocks Rosemont championship tournament at MB Financial Park. The winning men’s’ and women’s’ teams will compete to receive $10,000 worth of cash prizes Friday, July 18 and the championship title Saturday, July 19. The final pro championship teams that have been qualified to participate thus far include:
EVP Pro Beach Men’s Teams
1. Ed Ratledge/Matt Olson – Huntington Beach, CA
2. Ryan Wrublik/Richie Thomas – Glendale, AZ
3. Justin Phipps/James Fellows – Fort Myers, FL
4. Will Robbins/Lloy Ball (Olympic Gold Medalist 08) – Fort Wayne, IN
5. Nate Davis/Kibbee Jelks – Jacksonville, FL
6. Sergio Rios/Martin Cuban – Miami, FL
7. Trevor Grabb/Steve VanderWerp – Detroit, MI
8. Justin Phipps/Jeff Samuels – Panama City, FL
9. Dan Buering/Matt McCarthy – Chicago, IL
10. David Palm Team – Fort Lauderdale, FL
11. Alex Kammermeier/Taylor Hughes – Houston, TX
EVP Pro Beach Women’s Teams
1. Irene Hester/Emily Haas – Glendale, AZ
2. Sara Hughes/Kirby Burnum – Hermosa Beach, CA
3. Carolina Sowal/Helene Rancourt – Deerfield Beach, FL
4. Jen Drouin/Heather Martin – Jacksonville Beach, FL
5. Mallory Kiley/Monyka Paul – Palm Harbor, FL
6. Erin Grey/Brianna Hinga – Rosemont, IL
7. Kelly Schumacher/Brooke Niles – Miami, FL
8. Emily Haas/Kelli Dallman – Phoenix, AZ
9. Tarin Keith/Aurora S.Gallagher – Hermosa Beach, CA
10. Priscilla Piantaeosi Lima – St. Pete’s Beach
11. Kyra Lancon/Lindsey Shepard – Houston, TX
“The EVP Tour has been traveling the United States for 20 years and we are so excited to come to MB Financial Park in Rosemont for the first time,” says EVP Tour Commissioner Ross Balling. “The Village has opened their arms to our staff, athletes and fans to make this event special. I am excited to have 32 pro teams representing 20 states compete this summer. This will be a major event for our staff and the beach sports fans across the US.”
Spectators of all ages are invited to watch the volleyball matches free of charge and participate in action-packed activities including meet and greets with professional players and interactive games with chances to win EVP prizes.
This championship event will be filmed for TV broadcast on several networks including Comcast, Attitude, Timewarner and MAVTV.
Leading up to the professional beach volleyball tournament, MB Financial Park and EVP Beach Volleyball Tour will host youth and adult free public clinics on Monday, July 14 and Tuesday, July 15 from 9 – 10 a.m. The clinics will be taught by EVP coaches Shak Jones and Mindy Marx. Advance registration is recommended. To register, email email@example.com.
Volleyball fans can also enjoy free public meet and greets with EVP staff and participating athletes:
• Thursday, July 17, 5 p.m.: EVP Staff
• Friday, July 18, 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.: EVP Rocks Rosemont athletes including 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist Lloy Ball and WNBA’s Kelly Schumacher
• Saturday, July 19, 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.: EVP Rocks Rosemont athletes including 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist Lloy Ball and WNBA’s Kelly Schumacher
About The Village of Rosemont, Illinois: Rosemont, Illinois, Chicagoland’s business and entertainment suburb, is conveniently located five minutes from O’Hare Airport and twenty minutes from Chicago’s downtown. Rosemont is home to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, a wide variety of hotel and dining options, the Allstate Arena, the Rosemont Theatre and a host of entertainment and retail venues including MB Financial Park at Rosemont and the Fashion Outlets of Chicago. Rosemont continues to grow and evolve based on the new vision of Mayor Bradley A. Stephens. For more information, visit www.rosemont.com.
About The MB Financial Park at Rosemont: MB Financial Park at Rosemont is a 200,000 square-foot entertainment and dining complex whose 10 venues offer upscale international cuisine, live music and comedy, state-of-the-art film, bowling and more. Conveniently located near O’Hare International Airport, MB Financial Park at Rosemont is easily accessible from Chicago as well as the suburbs. The address is 5501 Park Place, a new looping street situated west of River Road between Bryn Mawr and Balmoral Avenues. A 20-minute drive from Chicago’s Loop, MB Financial Park at Rosemont is walking distance from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, the CTA Blue Line Rosemont station and Rosemont Theatre. Convenient parking is available. For more information visit www.mbparkatrosemont.com.
About the EVP Beach Volleyball Tour: The EVP Tour has established itself as the largest national pro-am volleyball attraction in America. The tour travels to 20 key markets across the country hosting qualifying events from March through October with a final tournament bringing together the top volleyball teams from the across the nation. The EVP Beach Volleyball Tour’s primary goal is to support beach volleyball events that engage families, fans, athletes, students, communities and sponsors in a great day at the beach. At each event, spectators will not only see elite athletes compete on the sand for top honors, but also have the chance to interact with the pros by participating in contests and promotions at hosting venues. EVP Tour events channel local resources and draw all participants together, benefiting the entire community. For more information please visit www.evptour.com.
# # #