HOST SPONSOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About the EVP Tour
The EVP® Tour has established the largest national pro-am volleyball attraction in America. The tour travels to twenty key markets across the country from March to October. The Beach Sports Network has established a regional clearance with 12 Sports Network for (20): 30 minute TV shows that reach 60 million viewers over 40 states per airing. See current air dates http://www.evptour.com/media/tv-schedule
Name of Event/Organization: EVP Pro Am Beach Volleyball Tour
Contact Name: Ross Balling, Executive Director Office 312-287-5988 fax 800-218-5518
Headquarters: Long Beach, IN
Type of Event: Beach Volleyball for Athletes 12 to 45 yrs of age
Number of Beach Volleyball Courts: 1 to 45
Date of Events: April-May (Southeast) June-July (Midwest) August (Central) Sept-October (Southeast)
Amount of Bid Fee Requested: TBD
Number of Potential Athletes: 300
Number of Hotel Rooms Expected: 100-200
1. Please briefly describe the event and its purpose: The event is a family style beach volleyball tournament with divisions for youth, juniors and adults. The entertainment segment will feature the top ten EVP athletes competing on center court. Spectators and athletes will be treated with great competition and many contests that are open to the public including bump to the buckets and serving contests.
2. What marketing is being done for event? TV promotional spots will be aired all summer on the Comcast Sports Southeast and poster will be up 45 days before the event.
3. What number of spectators are expected to attend? 400-4000
4. Where are they originating from? Local fans and families of athletes
5. How will you track actual accommodation stays that are in direct correlation to the event? We leave this up to the Host Sponsor. Our event is not hotel stay driven.
6. Would you be willing to allow a local team/organization to raise funds that is related to the event? Yes, it is a part of our bid that each city has sponsor rights that can be sold to local business to recapture bid fee commitments.
7. Why do you think this event will positively affect our community and build tourism? Our athletes attract other healthy and active people who like to travel and spend money. In addition, the TV Show is aired on 22 Regional Sports Networks across the United States and in the UK. This 30 minute travel and lifestyle show will available to 83 million subscribers. Here is a chance to showcase your cities most treasure assets. The beach and your people!
8. What other communities do you operate events for?
Our current Host City client list includes:
• David Blank – Racine, WI (10th year) email@example.com
• Ralph Pryor – Naples, FL (8th year) RalphPryor@colliergov.net
• Ben Wilder – Savannah, GA (8th year) bwilder@VisitSavannah.com
• Samantha Carney – Charleston, WV (7th Year) Samantha.Carney@charlestonwv.com
• Richard Sanders – Panama City Beach (5th Year) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stephanie Immelman- Delray Beach (4th Year) Simmelman@delraybeach.com